Trend in Office Furniture: What's In and What's Out
photo from steelcase.com
- Ergonomics: Ergonomic office furniture was becoming increasingly popular as companies focused on employee health and well-being. Office chairs with adjustable lumbar support and height, such as the Herman Miller Aeron Chair are among the most popular. Adjustable desks and chairs designed to promote good posture are in high demand. Find some within Cube World USA’s inventory here.
- Flexible and Modular Furniture: Furniture that could be easily reconfigured to adapt to changing office layouts and work modes was on the rise. Modular desks, storage, and seating allowed for greater flexibility. Modular desks and workstations that can be reconfigured to suit different team sizes and tasks, have you heard of the Steelcase Flex Collection?
- Sustainability: Sustainable materials and eco-friendly designs are gaining traction. Companies are looking for furniture made from recycled or renewable materials, and products designed for longevity and easy recycling. For example, desks and tables made from reclaimed wood or sustainable materials, such as the IKEA Bekant Desk, is made from recycled materials; the oak veneer is a nice touch.
- Biophilic Design: Have you considered incorporating natural elements and greenery into office spaces as a growing trend? Furniture with integrated planters and designs inspired by nature are popular choices. Office desks with integrated planters or green walls; search for Biophilic workstations to learn more.
- Tech Integration: With the increasing reliance on technology in the workplace, furniture with built-in charging ports, cable management solutions, and other tech-friendly features are in demand. Conference tables with built-in power outlets and USB ports, such as the Bivi Tech Bench by Turnstone become a no-brainer.
- Cubicles and Traditional Workstations: This is tricky since open office layouts and more collaborative workspaces are in, while traditional cubicles and fixed workstations are losing favor due to a desire for more flexible and dynamic environments. Traditional cubicles like those from the 1990s and earlier, with high walls and limited flexibility, have become less popular. At the same time, if you enjoy a classic structure, Cube World USA has a wide variety of cubicles to reintroduce the sense of privacy back into the workplace.
- Heavy and Bulky Furniture: Bulky and oversized furniture was less popular as offices sought to maximize space and create a more open, and airy feel. Bulky executive desks with oversized bookshelves are being replaced by sleek, minimalist desks and workstations.
- Non-Ergonomic Furniture: Chairs and desks that didn’t prioritize ergonomic design are becoming less desirable as companies recognized the importance of employee comfort and well-being. Office chairs that lack adjustable features and proper lumbar support, such as old-fashioned conference room chairs.
- Single-Use Furniture: Fixed-purpose furniture that couldn’t adapt to different work scenarios was being replaced by more versatile and multi-functional pieces. Fixed-purpose filing cabinets that only serve as storage with no additional functionality have been less popular compared to multi-functional storage solutions like the Steelcase Universal Storage
At Cube World USA, we take pride in being your one-stop shop for all your office furniture needs. Whether you’re a small business or a large corporation, we offer a comprehensive range of new and used office furniture solutions to cater to your specific requirements. Our commitment to excellence extends to facilitating, furnishing, and servicing businesses of all sizes, campuses, facilities, or buildings with turnkey solutions. No project is too big or too small for us. With Cube World USA, you can trust that we have you covered, providing the best-in-class office furniture and services for your workspace needs.